Home Insurance

Your home is probably your most valuable financial investment. But it’s so much more than that! 

Your home represents your family, your lifestyle, your escape from the world., I understand your home is more than wood and nails. Farmer’s offers a policy they have spent 85 years perfecting - Smarter Choice Home Insurance. It’s more than a home insurance policy, it’s peace of mind.


Farmers Smart Homeowners Policy goes beyond other’s basic coverage with:

Claim Forgiveness

Bad things happen, even to good homeowners. That’s why Farmers waives the surcharge for a home claim if you go 6 or more years without filing one.

Cosmetic Damage Coverage

Your home just went through a real rough time. There’s some functional damage, and right now it looks the worse for wear. Well Farmers will cover any reasonable cosmetic damages to your home when you file a claim for the functional damages.

What Does a Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover?

Homeowners insurance covers your home and belongings in the event of certain disasters, but it can include protection for other things that might surprise you, too. Here are some ways homeowners insurance could protect you in the event of a covered loss.
Farmers Homeowners insurance can cover your home and personal property for damages resulting from causes like:

  • Water or steam
  • Steam or hot water heating systems and water heater
  • Fire or lightning
  • Windstorm or hail
  • Explosion
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Falling objects
  • Aircraft
  • Vehicles
  • Smoke damage: sudden and accidental
  • Vandalism
  • Theft
  • Weight of ice, snow or sleet
  • Artificially generated electrical current
  • Freezing of plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, fire protection systems or appliances

Will Homeowners Insurance Cover Other Property Damages?

What about other damages? Are other structures around your house covered? It’s important to know how Farmers Homeowners insurance can cover damages caused by:

Smoke damage

You have coverage for damages resulting from many causes of loss including Fire and Smoke.

Wind and hail damage caused by storms

Yes, damage to your home caused by wind and hail is covered. However, you might be able to reduce the policy premium by choosing to put a new roof on your home or increasing your deductible for wind and hail.

Damage caused by water overflows sinks or tubs

Sudden and accidental damage resulting from water overflow from a sink or tub is covered. For example, if your child does not turn the faucet off and the sink overflows, the damage caused by water overflow is covered.

Fences and separate structures

We cover other structures that are on your property including fences and sheds.

Trees, plants and shrubs

If your tree, plant, shrub or lawn is damaged due to a covered loss, we will pay up to $750 per item, up to a maximum of 5% of your dwelling coverage. Note: the coverage only applies in cases of covered losses (such as fire or car crash) and not due to natural occurrences (wind, old age, etc.).

Dog bites

If your dog bites a neighbor, will your insurance cover it? Dog bites are included with your basic liability coverage. However, homes with dogs that have a history of previous bites are considered ‘vicious' and cannot be considered for coverage and will be excluded.


Not sure if certain damages would be covered or do you have questions about your coverage needs? Call me - Raeann Scott and I can help make sure your cherished space is covered.